Wednesday, January 10, 2007

my resolution & a debbie bliss whinge...

first, my new resolution- i have decided to establish as part of my routine

The Stitching Hour!

heh heh.. how it works is if i am still up at 10.30pm (which is normal) i have to stop what i am doing (which is usually pottering around tidying..) and knit! i figure it will acheive 3 beneficial things- 1. get some knitting done (duh..) 2. be a good way to wind down, and 3. help combat the insidious feeling that i never get to do any 'me' stuff! :-D anyone care to join me?

second, my debbie bliss whinge... i got Debbie Bliss' Quick Baby Knits out of the library.. but nearly all of it is on 3.25mm needles! >:-( unless you are knitting a nose cosy, anything knitted on 3.25mm is certainly NOT quick! *sigh* anyone know if any of her other baby books deal with real needles, like 4mm+ or even better 5mm?

4 Comments:

Blogger Casper said...

That's a brilliant idea Nova, must try to do that myself :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sharonnz said...

I'm supposed to be in bed by 10.30. Don't tempt me to introduce knitting at that time. I'm with you on the 3.25mm and anything less than double knit. That's why I'll now only knit premmie stuff in my lovely organic 3ply or send it to Mum to do;-)

9:39 AM  
Blogger Nova said...

lol you could always make it 9.30 or whenever! i'm just making it a fixed time to start knitting, no excuses except for sleeping!

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3.25mm is a pain eh but I do find some of Debbie Bliss' stuff to be quite chunky and oversized anyway so perhaps her 3.25 patterns are better?? Ive ordered from our library simply baby and 32 knits... (at least I think thats what they were called LOL).

9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home