Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sour Worms wool!

Heh heh! My Sour Worms kool-aid wool! I've got two more balls to wind still.. For 200g i used 2x Lemon Lime & 3x Berry Blue, but it has come out more greenish.. I'm not as patient as Claire, so i did mine in the microwave.. folded the hank in two & dipped it half into the kool-aid, thus dipping 2 quarters.. zapped it for 2min, let it sit, zapped it again, let it sit some more, then repeated with the other 2/4 in the other colour 8-) I (duh!) realised that kitchen tongs are really useful for handling hot, wet wool too! lol

4 Comments:

Blogger Neak1 said...

OOHhhh I love those colours!! two of my favourites :P I think I need to get me some koolaid.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Nova said...

hmm... i'm thinking it would make a cute summer soaker (with enough left for a nb one too, or a hat).. but i do have enough for a pair of longies, and it would be nice to have something bright & sunny in winter...??

12:31 PM  
Blogger CC said...

it's calling for a skoaker for Alexis dear....

hmm, you're doing such an awesome job of koolaid dyeing - what, if anything, can I swap you for a dye job?????

7:59 PM  
Blogger Nova said...

lol well i owe you for that cream wool! will pm ya!

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home