Saturday, October 21, 2006

3rd BLOG CHALLENGE....Confession Time!!!!!!!!!

WHAT'S YOUR MOST EXTRAVAGENT KNITTING/WOOL PURCHASE???

Today I spend $25 on ONE 25g ball of wool! Yikes!

I so knew (see previous post) that the likelihood of the wool being pretty spendy was quite high but I wasnt expecting $25 for one small ball!! However I justified it like this....I only need one ball for the special scarf thats going to be for my Mum for Xmas and I've seen scarves in 'feathers' for about $20 so if I was to buy a scarf it works out about the same.So I'll just keep thinking that $25 for a scarf seems pretty reasonable! I just wont think about the fact that I only got 25g of wool LOL
Its Rowan Kidsilk Haze and to die for. Utterly gorgeous (you would hope so for that price eh!).

Soooooooooooooooooo confession time! What's your most extravagent wool/knitting related purchase?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to buy Rowans cotton - so beautiful! I bought one ball on sale for $5 not sure what i will use itfor yet.
I think the most I have spent so far has been on BFL 100grams 20 bucks. And I thought Treliske was spendy!

4:15 AM  
Blogger Jennynz said...

So far I haven't paid more that $5 for 50g, but I've only been knitting since August! I've tried to be budget-conscious when buying wool, but after visiting a fishing shop with DH on Saturday and seeing what he spends on baits etc I am wondering why I am saving money just so that he can spend it & have decided to splurge on whatever wool I jolly well feel like! merino/possum and merino/silk here I come!

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home