Tuesday, October 24, 2006

4th Soaker experimentation attempt for Karen




I have finish my 4th soaker!! But this one is quite different, I'm sick of the punk knitters patterns, it doesn't work for me at all, so I'm knitting with no pattern and using flat needles, which I feel its more easy for me to handle.
I think I have the wrong circular needles, so that could be one of the reasons that Punk knitters pattern is not working for me, another reason can be that I am retarded and have no craft skills at all.
I have cast-on 30 St for the front and a little bit more for the back part, then tried to used kitchener St for the crotch but didn't turn out so well, and I did sew the sides very tight.
It looks quite round and the back its very roomy, now I just need a newborn to wear it and model it for me!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nova said...

looks like a good shape, well done! no way could i make up a pattern lol! i'm pretty sure your circ needle is too long, well probably ok for adult soakers ;) but not baby ones...

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen it looks lovely. Have a look at the tiny birds soaker as she has photos of how to knit a soaker on flat needles - then you wouldnt need to kitchener the crotch. I've made up my own pattern for a medium soaker and just knit the front, straight rows for the crotch then round and up the back. I just put more length in the back so when I sew the bum is more roomy. Does that make sense?

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home