Sunday, October 29, 2006

Spider's Web Evening Scarf...Gabes' work in progress

A work in progress...probably for my Mum for Xmas
Free Image Hosting - MyOnlineImages.com


Here is a close up of the picture from the book (Hip Knits)
Free Image Hosting - MyOnlineImages.com

You can see how they have threaded beads and sequins on the wool for the beginning and end. I tried a couple of times to knit the wool with beads on it but wasnt happy with the result so have decided to somehow thread them through at the end.

It is an interesting knit. One needle is 12mm and the other is 7mm so the loops are different sizes on each row. Despite such chunky needles the wool itself is very delicate and fine so it is taking a long time to grow and is quite difficult to handle. The wool is lovely and soft and although expensive for 25g the meterage seems to be very long so I only need one ball for the scarf.

After writing my to do list and realising just how much I need to do in the next couple of months it got me going on this. At least I have something started and am trying to knit a couple of rows each time I sit on the couch.

N (13months) has decided her new game is to touch Mum's wool and say "ooooooh" and then laugh as mum says "no". So not much knitting is getting down while she is awake now.....sigh

2 Comments:

Blogger Sharonnz said...

That will be stunning, Gabes.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Jennynz said...

oh that looks tricky! neat tho

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home